The big debate at the IBIS Global Summit 2019
Vehicle technology, connected claims, new repair techniques and body shop consolidation have made for a time of unprecedented change in the auto collision repair sector.
Driverless cars and collision avoidance technology have both started to make a significant impact. We’re seeing fewer vehicles coming through for repair. We’re seeing fewer resultant insurance claims. All of us as industry leaders want to hear about what the future holds. That’s why we’ll be debating the big issues and challenges of our time:
- Skills – after years of under investment and suffering a poor image, we’re experiencing a huge talent gap in the sector that requires immediate action – our WorldSkills speaker and panel of industry experts will debate the issues and find the solutions.
- Bodyshop profitability and strategy – keeping pace with change and staying profitable are a huge challenge for collision repairers – Jeff Smith and David Luehr will be laying bare exactly what the challenges are and sharing their tips and advice for success.
- Vehicle manufacturers are driving technology – with vehicles equipped with more technology than ever, our speaker from Ford will look at repairability and severity post-collision.
- Mobility – electric vehicles have arrived in force. And they’re here to stay. A senior executive from Enterprise (the owner of one of world’s largest fleets) will share with us their views on the challenges and opportunities of mobility and electrification.
- Vehicle data – more data than ever are being transmitted between the vehicle owner, the insurer and the collision repair shop. So what about the security of all this information. An eminent speaker on this issue will give us the low down.